Individual Artist Guidelines and Policies
The project/program must have a strong community impact.
Project funds must be spent between October 1, 2012 - August 15, 2013
(2013/14 Application not yet available)
Postmark Deadline TBA (November, 2013)
2013/2014 Artist Application - Required information
A completed application consists of the following information & files:
- Grant Application- (submitted online)
- Career summary, artist’s resume or short bio 11 copies (1Page)
- Promotional or Press Kit
- Work Samples:
- Visual Arts
- A portfolio of eight (8) image files -representative of recent work.
- Text descriptors for each image: Title, Year Completed, Medium, Dimensions
- Performing Arts
- DVD Sample(s)
- List of performance for past three years (be sure to include the city)
- Audiovisual material (link or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) subject line individual grant (optional)
- If requesting funds to teach art, please include sample(s) of curriculum 11 copies
- One to two letters of recommendation from past presenters/employers sent directly to the Arts Council Northeast (optional)
- DO NOT STAPLE OR BIND YOUR ATTACHMENTS (PAPER CLIPS ONLY)
- Mail attachment to Arts Council Northeast, P.O. Box 210816, Bedford, TX 76095
- For Questions please call 817-283-3406 or email email@example.com
- Artist/Teacher/Band with residence located in one of the Arts Council's 16 Cities.
- Must comply with regulations pertaining to federal grant recipients including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Education Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Social functions, parties, fundraisers, or galas
- Receptions unless part of an overall art project
- Capital improvements, bricks and mortar, and permanent equipment
- Financing of political activities
- Retroactive funding
- Debt reduction
- Projects, productions, workshops and/or programs that include obscene material as defined in Section 43.21, Penal Code of Texas.
Application Review Criteria
Applications are reviewed and evaluated using the criteria listed below.
Does the application reflect the intent of the grant program?
Artistic Quality: 1-50 points
- Artistic significance
- Quality of works of art
- Quality of artists
- Impact on artists
- Quality of services
Capability: 1-25 points
- Administrative capability
- Demonstrated history
- Planning, implementation, evaluation
Impact: 1-25 points
- Public service
- Audience or participants
- Economic impact
- Must have impact on artist city of residence